RETURN TO CIEE MADRID MAIN PAGE:




Return to CIEE LS Madrid Program Main Page:

http://www.ciee.org/study/programOverview.aspx?pID=1810#1rightForYou

lunes, 28 de noviembre de 2011

THE CARLOS III UNIVERSITY


By Virginia Burke
University of Mississippi

La Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, more commonly known as Carlos Tres, is considered a very prestigious university for the study of law in Spain. After spending two months at the university I can definitely see why. The quality of the professors is unparalleled. I am fortunate enough to have instructors that are both leaders in their fields of study but take the time to make sure that their students understand the material from their classes and are enjoying their study abroad experience in Madrid and at the university.  Not only do the professors at Carlos Tres give inspiring lectures, they are willing to take the learning outside of the classroom so that students can see the judicial process firsthand.
            The students at Carlos Tres are equally impressive and I have yet to meet an unfriendly classmate. The Spanish students are more than happy to explain concepts and terms that I do not understand and eager to share many different aspects of their culture with exchange students. The university is also very popular among ERASMUS students or students that are on exchange from other European universities which gives the university a very cosmopolitan and diverse feel. It has been very easy to make new friends and study partners.
            The facilities at the university are very modern and the campus is very compact which makes getting to and from classes very easy. While the idea of a 45 minute commute on a train to school is a new concept for me I have found myself enjoying this time to reflect upon my experiences thus far. Overall my experience at Carlos Tres has been a positive one. Though I have had my occasional moments of confusion over different things such as how to print a document or order food in the cafeteria I have been lucky to find another student willing to help me figure out all of the necessary details. Though the course work is challenging I am sure that my experiences at the university will be very valuable when I start law school in the US.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario